POLITICAL ACTION MINISTRY
The purpose of the Political Action Ministry (PAM) for First Missionary Baptist Church (FMBC) is to sound the trumpet calling on congregation members to play an active role in the voting process in local, state and national elections.
Deacon Eddie Bines: Chairperson
TBD: Vice Chairperson
"Shout out, do not hold back! Lift up your voice like a trumpet!" Isaiah 58:1 (NRSV)
"But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare."
Jeremiah 29:7 (NRSV)
The Political Action Ministry uses a variety of methods to educate, empower and encourage members to participate in the political election process.
Political activities of the ministry include:
- Promoting voting by members during local, state and national elections.
- Increasing congregational awareness of Political Candidates and Issues.
- Introducing civil and political officials during church services.
- Hosting and sponsoring forums and town hall meetings for candidates at the church.
- Representing the church at community forums and meetings for political candidates.
- Disseminating information about policies and procedures associated with the voting process.
- Serving as liaison for FMBC and the community regarding political and social issues.
- Educating church members about election-year issues and promoting discussion of public issues.
- Holding voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives.
All members of FMBC with a passion to educate and empower members to take an active role in the political process are invited to participate in this ministry.
Stewardship (Talents, Time and Tithes)